With many different brands of air source heat pump on the market, why have I closed Hydro Royal for the US market. Quite simple – its made in the USA and comes with a 10 year warranty. Yes, you read that correctly, 10 year warranty! Anybody offering a 10 year warranty on their product has some serious build quality! Let’s take a look at the features of the product and how we can incorporate these into our DIY Hot Tub and Plunge Pool Builds.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A USA MODEL ONLY**
Hydro Royal – Sizes and Models in the Range
There are 3 different models or sizes in the Hydro Royal Heat Pump range. There is the 110, 125 and 150 model. These names correlate to approximate BTU output so the 110 model effectively can output almost 110K BTU. These 3 sizes then have different configurations too. The 2 larger heap pumps are also able to chill the water with a heat and chill model and there are configurations for 3 phase as well as international 50Hz models too.
What is common across the range is that the Hydro Royal heat pumps have a COP which is Coefficient of Performance of an average of 6. This means for every 1KW of energy you put into them, they will output on average 6KW of energy. This is how the heat pumps save us money on the running costs of our Hot Tubs and pools.
Hydro Royal™ HR 110
|Original Test Point:80/80/80
Outside AHRI 1160 Testing Standard
|BTU||115,000 (6.8 COP)|
|AHRI Test Point 180/63/80||BTU||99,000 (6.0 COP)|
|AHRI Test Point 250/63/80||BTU||66,000 (4.0 COP)|
Heat Exchanger: 100 % Titanium Heat Exchanger
Min/Max Flow: 20/70 Gallons
Recommended Flow: 45 Gallons
Plumbing Size: 2″
Min Amps / Max Breaker: 37 /40
Dimensions (Shipping): 31″ x 31″ x 38″ (33″ x 31″ x 43″)
Weight (Shipping): 219 Lbs. (255 lbs.)
Features and Benefits of Choosing Hydro Royal
The Hydro Royal™ Heat Pump series are built to outperform the competition. Hydro Royal heat pumps are equipped with:
- Titanium Heat Exchangers
- Micro computer controller
- Large LED Display
- Push Button Operation
- Dual Pool/Spa Programmable Thermostat
- Remote System Compatible
The Hydro Royal Heat Pump extracts free heat from the earth’s atmosphere, a renewable energy source, and mechanically upgrades it and transfers it to the pool water. The process is clean and safe for the environment.
There are no harmful emissions or dangerous carbon monoxide fumes. Even its controls are designed to work in conjunction with solar panel system for the ultimate high efficiency pool heating system. A true solar heat pump!
AHRI Performance Certification
Hydro Royal heat pumps are AHRI certified – Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute. AHRI Certification gives the consumer peace of mind and a true “apples to apples” comparison regarding performance and efficiency. Check our performance ratings and the warranty and you’ll find the pumps are the leaders in heat pump technology and manufacturing. Always purchase an AHRI Certified unit to guarantee that you are getting what you’re promised.
- Visually attractive durable design. Will never rust or corrode.
- U.V. resistant polymeric materials that will never rust or corrode.
- One piece raised top features a molded fan venturi that is at the top of the evaporator coil. This Allows for maximum airflow over 100% of the coil surface, increasing efficiency even on the coldest days.
- Unique 4 inch pedestal base keeps evaporator clean and out of harms way.
- High strength plastic coil guard protects fins from impact and adds to the appearance of the unit.
SET IT & FORGET IT – DISPLAY
Hydro Royal products offer one touch programming and the latest operating features available, including state of the art micro-computer controls
- Powerful microcomputer control.
- Push button operation.
- Large LED display.
- Dual pool/spa programmable thermostat.
- Displays temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
With an easy-to-use keypad, all you have to do is program the desired temperature onto the control panel. Hydro Royal heat pumps will do the rest.
The new fan design improves air flow and reduces noise by more than 50%! A molded fan venturi that begins at the top of the evaporator. This allows maximum air flow over 100% of the coil surface, increasing efficiency even on the coldest of days.
- The coated energy efficient evaporator features internally rifled tubing and an enhanced aluminum fin design. Our double row coils have maximum surface area boosting efficiency and performance.
- High strength plastic coil guard protects the unit from impact and adds to the appearance of the unit.
TITANIUM HEAT EXCHANGER
- The heat exchanger features a lifetime warranty.
- Turbo-Titanium Strength
- All Hydro Royal heat pumps come with Turbotec Titanium Heat Exchanger for the maximum efficiency and performance for heat exchange.
- Our rifled design assures maximum transfer of heat to your pool water.
- The tight rifling allows for less titanium in the inner core of the exchanger, resulting in a very efficient, light weight unit.
- Features Turbo Guard: “Turbo” reflects the enhanced surface turbo action of the water and Freon in the heat exchanger and “guard” reflects the nature of the fusion blended alloy material used to guard against or prevent corrosion of the heat exchanger.
- Designed and developed for the best performance and highest efficiency in the industry.
- Enhanced surface tubing design.
They said it couldn’t be done with titanium, but we took it a step further by rifling our titanium tubing, adding even greater efficiency in the heat exchange process.
The Hydro Royal Hi-E Series of Swimming Pool Heat Pumps has exclusive, specially designed State Of The Art TXV (Thermal Expansion Valve) which has been optimized for R-410A Refrigerant to precisely regulate the flow of refrigerant through our patent pending coil to achieve maximum efficiency especially at lower temperatures, allowing lower cost of operation.
THE RESULTS ARE MORE HEAT FOR LESS MONEY . . . MAKING HYDROROYAL THE MOST EFFICIENT POOL HEAT PUMP IN THE WORLD.
Titanium Heat Exchangers – Turbo Titanium Strength
Hydro Royal Swimming Pool Heat Pumps use all-titanium heat exchangers. All quality heat pumps have given up the usage of cupronickel or copper in the exchanger. Homeowners now expect a titanium heat exchanger.
Why? Titanium is IMPERVIOUS to corrosion, which means it will never corrode or wear out.
Our rifled design assures maximum transfer of heat to your pool water. The tight rifling allows for less titanium in the inner core of the exchanger. As a result, giving you a very efficient, light weight unit.
What is Turboguard?
Turboguard is the trade name for the specially designed heat exchanger used in HydroRoyal Heat Pump pool heaters. The name reflects 2 key aspects of the heat exchanger’s design. “Turbo” reflects the enhanced surface turbo action of the water and Freon in the heat exchanger and “guard” reflects the nature of the fusion blended alloy material used to guard against or prevent corrosion of the heat exchanger.What is enhanced surface tubing?
Enhanced surface tubing is a twisted tube as opposed to standard round tube. It has two major advantages over standard round tube as follows:
- 3-4 times the surface area over a given length versus standard round tube (more surface area equals more heat transfer and a more compact design).
- More heat transfer equals more efficiency which equals lower operating costs.
- Turbulating action of the water as it swirls around the twisted tube (water simply passes over round tube in a straight line). The turbulating action of the water increases heat transfer and acts as a self cleaning mechanism, eliminating scale and corrosion on the surface of the tube. The net result is significantly lower operating costs.
- Designed for excellence in performance, silence and endurance.
- Quietest and most reliable compressors in the industry.
A Hydro Royal heat pumps offer dramatic savings in operating costs.
Engineered for the Environment
Heat Pumps use a small amount of electricity to operate. They are actually a form of solar heat, as the sun-warmed air contributes to the efficiency of the unit. Heat pumps use electricity to capture heat and move it from one place to another (from the air to the pool water).
Hydro Royal heat pumps use only EPA recognized refrigerant R410A, which contains no ozone depleting chlorine gases. Our complete line of pool heat pumps with ozone friendly R410A, scroll compressors and enhanced heat transfer design are more efficient, quiet and durable.
Hydro Royal heat pumps save both electricity and your pocketbooks. 71.5% of America’s energy comes from nonrenewable energy sources such as gas, oil, and coal. Hydro Royal heat pumps help conserve these non-replenishable natural resources for our future generations.